Fujifilm will release free firmware updates for the Fujifilm X-T20 X Series mirrorless digital camera. These updates will be released at the beginning of April 2018.
This firmware update will add new support for the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” software that allows users to connect the camera to a computer via USB cable for developing RAW files in camera.
The new firmware will also enhance the AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects, improve third party studio flash controller usability as well as add new functions designed to improve operability.
Firmware Version FUJIFILM X-T20 (Ver.2.00) Details
- 1.New AF tracking algorithm for moving subjects
Thanks to the newly developed image recognition algorithm, the update enhances AF-C to track moving subjects twice as fast as previous firmware. In addition, the update also enhances tracking to be able to capture up to 50% smaller moving subjects than before.
- 2.Enhanced touch screen operation
The firmware update will add some of the touch screen operation features which are currently available on the FUJIFILM X-E3. These touch screen features include:
- 1)The AutoFocus area can be moved when in focus zoom with flick operation.
- 2)Pinch-in/out operation in playback mode will be updated to go from full-frame playback to multi-frame playback
(Nine-frame view and Hundred-frame view)
- 3)Select the frame in multi-frame playback with tap or drag operation or return to full-frame playback by double-tapping
- 4)Q (Quick) menu selection in Q menu
- 5)Input character with touch key-board*
|Major Firmware Updates Coming in May For Fujifilm GFX50S, X-T2, X-H1, X-Pro2, and X-E3|
- *Except for some functions
- 3.Support “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
After connecting a camera to a computer via USB cable, the “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” enables users to convert RAW files with X Processor Pro. Fast batch processing will also be available. The “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” can be downloaded from the FUJIFILM website for free.
- 4.Compatible with the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens
The upgrade will add compatibility for the newly developed FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ lens.
- 1)MF ring can be used as zoom ring
- 2)Maintain the lens zoom position during interval shooting
- 3)Maintain the lens zoom position in playback mode to shorten the startup time for the next shooting
- 5.Improve radio flash controller usability
The upgrade allows users to shoot with compatible third party studio flash in high speed sync. or TTL mode via their radio controllers.
- 6.RGB histogram display and highlight warning
If you press the function button in the histogram, RGB histogram and highlight warning (high brightness portion will blink) will be displayed.
- 7.Enlarged and customizable indicators or information
The upgrade allows users to enlarge indicators and information in the viewfinder and/or LCD monitor. This upgrade will also enable users to customize the location of where the information is shown on the display.