When updating the firmware of your camera, please review the instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately 6 minutes. Please note that the firmware for EOS 5DS R and EOS 5DS is different.
Canon EOS 5DS & 5DS R Firmware Version 1.1.0 Details
Firmware Version 1.1.0 incorporates the following enhancement:
- Support for the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 has been added.
- The firmware cannot be updated when the Wi-Fi Adapter W-E1 is inserted into the camera.
- Once the camera is updated to Version 1.1.0, it cannot be restored to a previous firmware version (Version 1.0.1).
- EOS 5DS R cameras with Firmware Version 1.1.0 require the latest version of EOS Utility and Camera Connect.
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later can be downloaded from our Web site.
- Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later can be downloaded from App Store or Google Play.
- Versions of application software that support Firmware Version 1.1.0 of the camera
- EOS Utility Version 3.5.0 or later
- Camera Connect 1.3.10 or later
* EOS Utility is supported on the following OSes:
Windows 10 / 8.1 / 7 SP1, Mac OS X v10.9 / 10.10 / 10.11
* Camera Connect is supported on the following OSes:
iOS 8.4 / 9.3, Android 4.1-4.4 / 5.0-5.1 / 6.0