Nikon is rumored to announce a full frame camera with a retro look. The new Nikon full frame retro camera announcement expected to be on November 6th.
Nikon’s full frame camera design will look like the Olympus OM-D or the all time popular Nikon FM2. Recent rumors show that this camera will not have any video recording capabilities. This news shows that the camera will be a special product, possibly more retro design or may be a D700 successor, we’ll see!
Nikon Full Frame Retro Camera Rumored Specs
- Nikon FM2 like design
- Pentaprism viewfinder (not mirrorless)
- Standart F-mount
- Expeed 3 processor
- 16,2MP 36×23,9 full frame sensor (same sensor in the D4)
- SD memory card
- 2016-pixel RGB image sensor
- 9-cell framing grid display
- 3D color matrix metering II
- Native ISO range: 100-12800 (incl. ISO 50 and ISO 108,200)
- 5.5 fps for up to 100 shots
- 3.2″ LCD screen
- Dimensions: 143,5 x 110 x 66,5mm
- Weight: 765g
- The camera will have physical controls and excellent build quality
- No video recording capabilities
- It will come with a new special edition Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens to match the look/design of the body
- The camera will meter even with non-AI lenses down to full aperture
- Nikon calls the camera “Hybrid”.