Canon 7D Mark II release date is confirmed as the successor of 7D will be available in early 2014. Previously the only DSLR announcement expected from Canon is the new EOS 70D and the EOS 7D Mark II also rumored to be announced by the end of 2013 but the recent rumors show that the camera is definitely coming in 2014.
Two possible sensors are in test for the EOS 7D Mark II, one is the 20.2mp sensor used in the 70D and a new 24.1mp sensor. Canon also will add a new and very fast AF system to the camera just like the EOS 70D but the new AF doesn’t for the Live View.
The EOS 70D starts shipping from September, 2013. According to previous post there would be no announcement for EOS 7D Mark II until the EOS 70D starts shipping. There is a sign from Nikon side and the long rumored DSLR camera Nikon D400 announcement this fall expected with Expeed 4 and new AF system.
Canon 7D Mark II Release Date is early 2014
So maybe an EOS 7D Mark 2 announcement happen just to surprise the market but the release date of the camera is certainly in early 2014. And 2014 will be the year for high-end DSLR cameras from Canon.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Rumored Specifications
- 20.2 MP APS-C sensor / 24.1mp sensor
- ISO 100 – 25600 (L : 50, H1 : 51200, H2 : 102400)
- Dual DIGIC 5+ processors
- 10 fps burst rate
- Video “stills burst” mode 30/60 fps
- Full HD video with manual control
- Dual CF Card Slot
- 25 – 30+ AF points, at least 19 all-cross type
- On chip phase detect pixels for Live View and AF tracking
- 100% Viewfinder
- LCD viewfinder with 1.04 million dots
- 3.2″ LCD screen
- GPS, Wi-Fi
- Heavier alloy body with improved weather sealing
- MSRP price most likely $1,999
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".