Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 II comes with a 25.2-megapixel Live MOS Micro Four Thirds sensor coupled with a high-speed processing engines. Panasonic has also upgraded the camera’s stabilisation, combining an 8-stop Body Image Stabilizer (BIS), a 7.5-stop 5-axis Dual IS 2 and advanced Active IS system for video shooting.
For videographers, the Panasonic G9 II supports a range of hrecording formats, including 4:2:0 10-bit 5.8K (4:3) full sensor recording and 5.7K (17:9), as well as slow-motion videos in 4:2:0 10 bit C4K/4K 120p/100p. Additionally, the Panasonic G9 II offers Apple ProRes video support and the capability for recording and playback through an external SSD via USB.
The Panasonic will be available from early November with a recommended price of $1899 body-only.
Panasonic G9 II Key Specifications
- 25MP CMOS sensor with dual output gain
- 5-axis in-body image stabilization (CIPA-rated to 8 stops)
- On-sensor phase detection (779 points)
- 3″, 1.84M-dot fully articulating touchscreen
- 3.86M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder with 0.8x magnification
- 60 fps burst shooting with AF-C and electronic shutter (10 fps mechanical)
- 100MP handheld high-res mode
- Up to 5.8K Open Gate 4:2:0, C4K 4:2:2 10-bit, with V-Log
- ProRes 422 and 422 HQ recording to SSD
- Full-size HDMI
- 390 shots per charge battery life, using LCD
- USB-C power delivery, external SSD support
- Dual UHS-II card slot
- Wi-Fi + Bluetooth
- See Full Specs
Additional Coverage on Panasonic G9 II