Sony released a new firmware update 2.01 for the Sony A7 IV full frame mirrorless camera.
The a7 IV is an all-round capable camera, supporting the photographer in almost any situation. The Sony a7 IV is the fourth generation of the company’s core a7 full-frame mirrorless camera model. It’s the most advanced yet, bringing many of the improvements Sony has made in terms of autofocus and interface design since the launch of the a7 III, back in February 2018.
You can find the details and download the new Sony firmware update below.
ILCE-7M4 System Software (Firmware) Update Ver. 2.01
- For customers who have been using Imaging Edge Mobile app:
- Updated cameras will no longer be able to connect to Imaging Edge Mobile app. After updating the camera, install the Creators’ App.
- Please make sure Imaging Edge Mobile app is the latest version (Ver.7.7.2 or later) in order to pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
- If you are using an iPhone/iPad, after updating the camera, turn off the Phone/iPad and turn it on again. Then pair the camera with the Creators’ App.
- Precautions when updating from Ver.1.01 or earlier
- When updating from Ver.1.01 or earlier, you need to update to Ver.1.05 before proceeding with the Ver.2.01 update. Only update to Ver.2.01 after updating to Ver.1.05. If you try to update to Ver.2.01 without updating to Ver.1.05, an error will occur and you will not be able to update.
- Follow the instructions below to check the system software version.
Note: If the Date/Time setting screen appears when you turn on your camera, be sure to set the date and time to the correct values.
- On the camera, select Menu.
- Select Setup → Setup Option → Version.
- 33MP Full-Frame Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- Up to 10 fps Shooting, ISO 100-51200
- 4K 60p Video in 10-Bit, S-Cinetone
- 3.68m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3″ 1.03m-Dot Vari-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 759-Pt. Fast Hybrid AF, Real-time Eye AF
- Focus Breathing Compensation
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Creative Looks and Soft Skin Effect
- 4K 15p UVC/UAC Streaming via USB Type-C
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography