According to recent reports the second MFT camera will be the OM SYSTEM OM-5. The OM Digital is likely to announce the new “OM SYSTEM OM-5″ mirrorless camera in July 2022.
It is not yet clear what kind of features and price the camera will have, but it seems that this will be no successor model to the E-M5 Mark III. It is predicted that there will be a model that skips some functions from the OM-1 and keeps the price low.
It would be nice to have a more affordable and compact camera while using a stacked CMOS sensor. As the supply shortage of “OM-1” continues, OM Digital has also commented on the request to solve the supply shortage of “OM-1” before the appearance of “OM-5”.
|OM-1||Check price||Amazon/ B&HPhoto and Adorama.|
OM SYSTEM OM-1 Key Features
- First OM System Micro Four Thirds camera
- New backside-illuminated stacked 20.4MP CMOS image sensor
- Native ISO range is 200-25,600
- New TruePic X processor with 3x the processing power
- Up to 120 frames per second full-res shooting with S-AF
- Up to 50 fps with C-AF
- Upgraded dustproof, freezeproof, and splashproof design with IP53 rating
- IBIS with up to 8 stops of shake correction
- 1,053 phase-detection cross-type AF points covering 100% of the image sensor
- USB-C Power Delivery
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots
- 4K/60p video
- 1080/240p video
- Computational photography modes, including new ND64 Live ND option
- New blackout-free EVF with 5.76M dots
Thanks for reading OM SYSTEM OM-5 Camera to Be Announced in July 2022 and stay tuned for more information.