Sigma has announced the 20mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary lens. The premium prime lens is designed for full-frame L-mount and Sony E mount mirrorless cameras such as the Sony A7 IV, Sony A7R IV and Sigma fp.
Sigma has updated the line-up of I series lenses with the all-metal 20mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary model. The US price is $699 at B&HPhoto and Adorama. According to Sigma, the metal-barrelled 20mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary is almost the same size and weight as the Sigma 24mm F2 I series lens. It also features the familiar signature I series magnetic lens cap and manual aperture ring.
This portable, full-frame premium compact prime for mirrorless cameras is the seventh lens in SIGMA’s fast-growing I series lineup, combining a bright maximum aperture of F2, an ultra-wide 20mm focal length and stunning optical performance. It’s also the widest lens in the range so far, opening up new photographic possibilities for I series users.
Sigma 20mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens Specs
- Lens type: Full-frame wideangle prime
- Announced: 9th February 2022
- Available mounts: L-mount, Sony E-mount (FE)
- Focal length: 20mm
- Construction: 13 elements in 11 groups, with 1 FLD, 1 SLD, 3 aspherical elements
- Coatings: Super Multi Layer, Nano Porous Coating (NPC)
- Number of aperture blades: 9
- Angle of view: 94.5°
- Focus mechanism: Stepping motor
- Closest focusing distance: 22cm
- Maximum magnification ratio: 1:6.7
- Maximum aperture: f/2
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Filter size: 62mm
- Supplied accessory: Petal lens hood, magnetic front lens cap, rear cap
- Dimensions (diameter x length): L-mount: 75.5 x 109.5mm, Sony E-mount: 75.5 x 111.5mm
- Weight: 370g
The lens boasts an exceptionally small form factor, weighing in at 370g and measuring just 72.4mm in length*, which makes it a highly practical optic that is portable enough for everyday shooting. It’s ideal for landscapes, wide-angle portraits, weddings and interiors, and is particularly well-suited to astrophotography owing to its very well-controlled sagittal coma flare. It’s the fourth I series lens with an F2 aperture, joining a 24mm, 35mm and 65mm, which together make a well-matched lens set for photographers who need both performance and portability in their kitbag. Remarkably, the 20mm F2 DG DN | Contemporary is almost identical in size and weight to the SIGMA 24mm F2 I series. Its sleek, all-metal design, with a signature I series magnetic lens cap, a manual aperture ring and exceptional build quality makes using this lens is a highly intuitive and satisfying experience
Sigma 20mm f/2 DG DN | Contemporary price and availability
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography