According to recent reports, the next lens from Sigma will be the 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary. We expect this lens to be released in L-mount and Sony E.
Sigma lenses have been getting more and more popular in recent years. product line consists mainly of variable aperture zoom lenses for general use, such as standard and telephoto zoom lenses for APS-C cameras (the Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 OS HSM Macro C, for example).
See full list of Sigma products :
- Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma 100-400mm f/5-6.3 DG DN OS Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 30mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma 56mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Leica L
- Sigma TC-1411 1.4x Teleconverter for Leica L
- Sigma TC-2011 2x Teleconverter for Leica L
- Sigma UD-11 USB Dock for Leica L
- Sigma UD-11 USB Dock for Canon EF-M
Sigma Lens Format Abbreviations
Sigma is one of the largest third-party lens manufacturers and, as such, designs lenses for a variety of sensor sizes. So when we look at the Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary lens the meanings of DC and DN are like this.
These lenses are designed especially for cameras with APS-C sensors. The smaller image size makes possible a compact, lightweight format that offers outstanding flexibility and maneuverability.
These lenses are designed for exceptional performance on mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras with a short flange back distance.
Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens report leaked by Nokishita
The next lens that Sigma will announce will be “18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Contemporary”. I was able to confirm the L mount and E mount from a review article of a certain photographer, but it is unconfirmed whether other mounts will be released.