The Sony FX3 full frame cinema camera is now in stock and shipping from all the major US retailers. This camera melds the high-end video capture of the FX6 with the petite form of the Sony a7S III familiar to so many mirrorless enthusiasts. It costs $3,898 US dollars at Adorama | B&H | Amazon.
Based on the A7S III, the FX3 incorporates some features found on the more expensive cinema cameras in a smaller and lighter body. This compact addition to Sony’s Cinema Line blends the full-frame, S-Cinetone capture of the FX6 with the UHD 4K capture, autofocus options, and body size of the a7S III camera. More details can be found at Sony FX3 vs Sony a7S III – Comparison article.
Common FX3/FX6/a7S III Features
- Full-frame, back-illuminated 12.1MP Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ XR processor
- High-speed rates of 120p in 4K and 240p in HD
- Dynamic range of 15+ stops
Sony FX3 Key Features
- 10.2MP Full-frame Backside-illuminated (BSI) Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Full-frame performance with high sensitivity and wide dynamic range
- High performance BIONZ XR image-processing engine
- 4K (QFHD) high-frame-rate 120fps recording
- Cinematic color science with S-Cinetone
- Enhanced mobility for solo operation
- Resolution: 4K
- Special Features: Built-In Microphone, Interchangeable Lens, XLR Mic Input
- Sensor Type: CMOS Sensor
- Recording Media: Uses CFexpress
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.