In early 2021, new additions began to leak for anticipated specifications on Sony’s fourth model in the A7 series. Obviously it’s not too different from the first Sony a7 IV specs we’ve shared previously, but it’s consistent. Accordingly, features such as a new 30MP sensor, 4K60p video, high resolution EVF, CFexpress slot are expected for the Sony A7 IV full-frame mirrorless camera. Successor of the all-purpose Sony a7 III ( Amazon | B&H Photo Video) is said to feature ISO Sensitivity between 50-204,800.
These features seem competitive in the projected $2,499 range for the A7 IV retail price. However, continuous shooting has faster rivals, so you might want a little more speed. Anyway, let’s not go any further and share the latest up-to-date data on Sony A7 IV features.
Sony a7 IV Specifications:
- 30MP BSI CMOS Sensor (IMX 554 DQC)
- BIONZ XR Image Processor
- ISO Sensitivity 50-204,800
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- 10fps continuous shooting speed with mechanical shutter
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- UHD 4K60p with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- Full HD 240fp, 10-bit and 4:2:2 color over HDMI
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, micro-USB port, 3.5mm microphone input
- Magnesium alloy chassis
- NP-FZ100 battery
- New menu system from Sony a7S III
- Slight bigger and more comfortable body than Sony a7 III
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.