New Canon EOS M50 Mark II Comes with Improved Autofocus and Video
Canon has announced the EOS M50 Mark II mirrorless camera. The US price of Canon EOS M50 Mark II is $599 and available for pre-order at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
The M50 Mark II shares the same 24MP APS-C sensor with its predecessor, and the same Digic 8 image processor. The Dual Pixel autofocus system has been updated to allow for eye tracking in both stills and video, and users can now capture vertical video and stream to YouTube Live over a smartphone internet connection.
The EOS M50 Mark II will be available in late November 2020 for $599 USD body-only, $699 USD as a kit with the 15-45mm F3.5-6.3, and $929 USD as a kit with the 15-45mm and 55-200mm F4.5-6.3 lenses. Check out the pre-order links below.
Canon EOS M50 Mark II Body: $599 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
(Shipping is scheduled to start on December 3, 2020)
Canon EOS M50 Mark II with 15-45mm Lens: $699 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
(Shipping is scheduled to start on November 24, 2020)
Canon EOS M50 Mark II with 15-45mm and 55-200mm Lenses: $929 at Amazon, Adorama.
(Shipping is scheduled to start on December 3, 2020)
Canon Speedlite EL-1 Flash: $1,099 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
(Shipping is scheduled to start on February 28, 2021)
Canon EOS M50 Mark II Key Features:
- 24.1 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor with ISO 100-25600 (H: 51200)
- DIGIC 8 Image Processor with Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Improved Dual Pixel CMOS AF and Eye Detection AF (Still/Movie Servo AF support)
- 4K UHD 24p and HD 120p for Slow Motion
- Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD Convenient for Vlogging and Various Composition
- Convenient Vertical video, Touch Record Control, Movie Self-Timer Features for Content
- High Quality Webcam Capability using Free EOS Webcam Utility Software or Clean HDMI Output
- Built-in 2.36 Million Dots OLED EVF with Touch and Drag AF
$200 off on Canon EOS M50 with 15-45mm Lens: $599 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Improved eye autofocus paired with new video and streaming functions make the new Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera a strong imaging tool for content creators and imaging storytellers
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 14, 2020 –– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the EOS M50 Mark II Interchangeable Lens Camera, the successor to the #1 selling mirrorless camera in the U.S. market – the EOS M50*. An all-in-one product for content creators with improved video features and autofocus capabilities, the EOS M50 Mark II is the latest, high-quality digital imaging camera in the notable EOS lineup.
“Our customer base includes future content creators and imaging storytellers; it’s in our best interest to continuously provide high-quality products that are easy to use in the creative world of photography and video content creation, as well as streaming,” said Tatsuro “Tony” Kano, executive vice president and general manager of the Canon U.S.A., Inc. Imaging Technologies & Communications Group. “The EOS M50 Mark II continues to pave the way for photography and video enthusiasts to experience a lightweight interchangeable lens camera with many similar features as our full-frame professional mirrorless cameras.”
For the family who strives for high-quality output when capturing their precious moments or for the budding social media creator, the added and improved capabilities of the EOS M50 Mark II camera make the upgrade to an ILC extremely appealing. The new features include:
- Improved autofocus including eye autofocus for stills and video
- Vertical video shooting support
- Vari-angle touchscreen LCD with newly added tap video record button and movie self-timer for better vlogging experience
- High quality webcam capability, when used with compatible services, with the free EOS Webcam Utility software or Clean HDMI output
- Wireless YouTube Live streaming capability**
- The ability to tap the screen to auto focus on your subject while looking through the EVF, helping to control who the main focus of the image is
The EOS M50 Mark II camera is inclusive of many of the beloved features of its predecessor. Overall, the EOS M50 Mark II is a well-balanced package deal for those interested in both still photography and videography – including those with sparks of social media content creation, thanks to the 4K UHD 24p. Providing a 24.1MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 8 image processor and built in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® technology, as well as access to image.canon cloud service for better workflow, the EOS M50 Mark II camera remains compact and a lightweight addition to your carry bag.
Pricing and Availability
The Canon EOS M50 Mark II camera is scheduled to be available in Late November 2020 at an estimated retail price of $599.99 – body only, $699.99 for the camera body plus EF-M 15-45mm lens kit and $929.99 for the camera body plus EF-M 15-45mm and EF-M55-200mm double zoom lens kit.
* Source: The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Mirrorless Detachable Lens Cameras, Based on camera family unit sales, Jan. 2020 – Aug. 2020 combined.
** The live streaming service available with this product is for live streaming on YouTube only. To use live streaming, you need to have an active YouTube account and an image.canon account. Please be aware that YouTube may change, stop, or terminate its services, including live streaming, at any time without notice. In accordance with YouTube’s “Restrictions on live streaming” users must have a minimum of 1,000 channel subscribers in order to live stream from a mobile device (including camera products with live streaming capability). For up-to-date information from YouTube on restrictions, please visit https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2853834?hl=en. Canon makes no representations or warranties with respect to any third party product or service, including live streaming.
Canon Upcoming Cameras 2020
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Read more Canon Camera Rumors.