The Nikon AF–S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR is a super telephoto prime lens designed for action, sports and wildlife photographers. Weighing in at just 1460g , is is under half the weight of the existing AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/4E FL ED VR lens.
The weight of the new lens is about the same as the popular AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR. The super telephoto prime lens designed for action, sports and wildlife photographers sells very well and available at B&H Photo Video | Adorama | Amazon.
AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f/5.6E PF ED VR Lens Features
- 19 elements in 11 groups
- Dust and drip-resistant structure
- Fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease, and dirt
- Nano Crystal Coat suppresses ghosting and flare
- Normal and Sport VR modes
- Minimum focus of 3m
- 9 rounded diaphragm blades
- Focus limiter (5m – infinity)
- Memory recall (stores a focus distance for repeated use)
- Maximum diameter of 106mm
- 95mm filter ring
- 237mm length
- Detachable tripod collar
- Supplied lens hood
- Supplied soft case
Read more Nikon Camera Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.