Here are the full Olympus E-M5 Mark III specifications that has been leaked on the web. The Micro Four Thirds camera will be announced next week on October 17.
The upcoming Olympus E-M5 III camera will feature the same 20M Live MOS sensor of the Olympus E-M1 Mark II. According to full Olympus E-M5 Mark III specifications, the Micro Four Thirds shooter will also feature Truepic VIII processor that will boost performances and integrate the functions like handheld high resolution shooting just like the OM-D E-M1X.
Olympus E-M5 III will also have a new stabilization unit with IS up to 5,5 EV steps. The body will be lighter and more plasticky but it will still be weather sealed body with only 366g.
According to recent report, the highly anticipated Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera will have a price tag of €1,199 EUR (expect the US price around $1,199 USD too).
US pricing of Olympus E-M5 Mark III:
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III body: $1,199
- Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III + 14-150mm II lens kit: $1,799
- Olympus ECG-5 external grip: $1,69
Full Olympus E-M5 Mark III Specifications
- Sensor: Live Mos 4/3, 17.4 x 13 mm, 20.4 Mpxl, 4/3 format
- Max Definition: [4/3] 5,184 x 3,888
- Video definition: C4K (4096 x 2160 pixels, 24p, IPB at 237 Mbps), 4K UHD (3840 x 2160 pixels, 30p, 25p, 24p), 1080p (100p, 50p, 60p, 30p, 25p, 24p), stereo sound
- Frame: Micro 4/3
- Multiplier coefficient: 2x
- Stabilizer: 5 axis on sensor stabilization
- Sensor cleaning: Yes, ultrasonic filter (Super Sonic Wave Filter)
- Case protection: Anti-dust, anti-run-off, -10 ° C
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth: with OI Share app; connected shooting with Olympus Capture Wireless GPS / Manometer / Compass: –
- Sensitivity: 200-25,600 Iso (Low extension to 64 and 100 Iso)
- File formats: Jpeg, Raw (ORF, 12 bit), MOV and AVI (video)
- Color space: AdobeRGB, sRGB43rumors
- Focusing: Dual Fast AF: 121 points / cross points for phase detection AF; 121 points / AF with contrast detection. All targets, single target (normal / small), group target (5 zones / 9 zones / 25 zones), custom target 1-4 (AF area and adjustable increment)
- Exposure mode: PASM, artistic filters
- Exposure metering: Multi-zone Evaluative (324 zones), Center-weighted, Spot, Spot Highlights, Spot Lowlights; correction on +/- 5 EV by 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV
- Speeds: shutter with focal plane: 1/8 000 to 60 s, B, T, sync at 1/320 s; electronic shutter: 1/32 000s to 60 s
- Burst: 10 fps (AF-C, mechanical shutter)
- Self-timer: 2 or 10 s
- Miscellaneous: artistic filters, HDR, timelapse, B-exposure with continuous visualization, Raw editing, focus peaking, Live Composite, focus stacking, high resolution
- Flash: – (FL-LM3 external flash supplied)
- Flash plug: Claw and sync socket
- Flash control: Auto, red-eye, backlight, slow sync first or second curtain, manual, wireless flash control; correction on +/- 3 IL
- Viewfinder: Oled 2.36 Mpts, 100%, 0.69x, 27mm clearance, brightness and color temperature correction, anti-flicker
- Monitor: LCD multi-directional touchscreen 1.04 Mpts
- Storage: SDXC / UHS-II 43r
- Interfaces: USB 2.0, micro-HDMI, WiFi, microphone input, headphone output,
- Supplied accessories: strap, USB cable, flash, battery, flash FL-LM3
- Power supply: Li-Ion battery BLS-50 (about 310 images according to CIPA standards)
- Dimensions W x D x H: 125.3 x 65.2 x 49.7 mm
- Weight: 414 g (SD and rechargeable)
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Also join the Olympus Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Olympus photography.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".