Olympus expands rugged and underwater shooting capabilities with the new Olympus Tough TG-6, a compact digital camera with reliable Tough performance for shooting anytime and anywhere.
Olympus TG-6 rugged camera features a blazing fast, wide-angle f/2.0 lens, back-lit high-speed CMOS sensor and powerful TruePicTM VIII image processor. The Tough TG-6 is waterproof to a depth of 50 feet (15m), dustproof, shockproof to 7 feet (2.4m), crushproof to 100 kgf, freezeproof to 14oF (-10°C), and features a dual-pane protective glass construction for superb anti-fogging performance.
Olympus TG-6 is a modest update to its predecessor, with the majority of its changes related to macro and underwater shooting. The company also added an anti-reflective coating to the glass surrounding the sensor, to reduce flare and ghosting. It’s Variable Macro System goes beyond the limits of the eye with ultra-close-up shooting up to 1cm from the front of the lens. Full- featured underwater shooting modes and a new fisheye converter lens that supports circular fisheye photography are available for the Tough TG-6, along with a full lineup of other accessories for expanded shooting possibilities, making this truly the strongest field camera available.
The Tough TG-6 will be available in your choice of red or black, and will be priced at $449 (B&H) when it ships in late June. Prices for the numerous accessories are listed in the press release below. Full press text.
Olympus Tough TG-6 Announced With New Range Of Accessories
- 12MP BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VIII Image Processor
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom f/2 Lens
- 25-100mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot LCD Monitor
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze & Dustproof
- 4K Video Recording and Full HD at 120p
- Built-In Wi-Fi, GPS, Field Sensor System
- ISO 12800 and up to 20-fps Shooting
- Pro Capture Mode & Variable Macro System
With the TG-6, a number of new accessories were added to the line-up:
- PT-059 Underwater Case for capturing movies and stills worry-free at depths up to 45 metres. The camera control dial is operable when the camera is stored in the case for easy exposure compensation control underwater. Two external flash units for underwater photography (UFL-3) are compatible for multi-unit flash photography in a compact system.
- CSCH-127 Silicone Jacket protects the surface of the camera body from scratches. It also provides a solid grip on the camera when shooting during winter or water sports. LED Light Guide LG-1 and Flash Diffuser FD-1 can be attached to the camera without removing the silicone jacket.
- LB-T01 Lens Barrier for protecting the lens surface against dirt and scratches. The barrier is easily opened/closed by rotating the edge which ensures easy handling even when wearing gloves.
- FCON-T02 Fisheye Converter lens for an easy and fast switch between circular fisheye and diagonal fisheye photography. To attach this lens, the CLA-T01 Converter Adapter (sold separately) is required
- UC-92 Lithium Ion Battery Charger to fully charge the Tough camera battery LI-92B using an USB port in approx. 2.5 hours.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.