Here are the main specs of the upcoming Fujifilm GFX 100 medium format mirrorless camera. Fujifilm’s medium format mirrorless camera to be announced on May 23, 2019. It will be a new flagship model which is capable of producing world-leading image quality with the world’s highest 120-megapixel image sensor.
The sensor on the new GFX Series medium format mirrorless is approximately 1.7 times the size of full frame sensor. Fujifilm GFX 100 will be an exicting camera for filmmakers. The flagship medium format mirrorless camera will sport a 120 megapixel sensor and IBIS.
The upcoming Fujifilm GFX 100 is expected to have a price tag of $9,995 in US.
Fujifilm GFX 100 Specs
- Equipped with a backside illuminated CMOS sensor with 120 million pixels
- High-speed image processing engine “X-Processor 4”
- Achieves high-speed AF with up to twice the speed of the current model and excellent in moving object tracking
- 3.78 million image plane phase difference pixels are placed on the entire surface of the image sensor (coverage ratio about 100%)
- The accuracy of “face and pupil detection AF” has dramatically improved
- In addition to face detection of objects farther away, it is also possible to achieve high followability even when the face turns sideways or is blocked by an obstacle.
- Equipped with a 5-axis camera shake correction mechanism in the body that has an effect of up to 5.5 steps
- Equipped with 4K / 30P video shooting function
- Recording to an SD card 4K 30p 10bit 4: 2: 0, recording to an external media via HDMI 4K 30p 10bit 4: 2: 2
- The first “GFX Series” to be equipped with “ETERNA” mode
- In addition to rear liquid crystal monitor corresponding to 3.2 type 3 direction tilt, we adopt 2.05 type rear sub monitor newly
- The newly installed 1.80 top screen sub LCD monitor can use “Virtual dial mode” to display dial design
- Newly developed 5.76 million dots organic EL electronic view finder
- View finder magnification 0.86 times, optional EVF tilt adapter “EVF-TL1” can be attached
- It supports “16bit RAW” “16bit TIFF” recording
- Newly developed Smooth Skin Effect, a new function that automatically performs skin retouching
- We realize small size, light weight of thinnest part 48.9mm, approximately 1400 g (including two batteries, memory card, electronic view finder)
- High dust and water proof performance and low temperature resistant structure with 95 places sealing
- First to support “IEEE 802.11ac” as “GFX series”
- Since two “NP-T125” can be mounted, approximately 800 images can be taken when using the rear LCD monitor
- Power supply and charge from USB terminal is possible
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".