The new Zeiss Otus 100mm f/1.4 lens is now available for pre-order at major US stores. The US price for the short-telephoto prime optic is $4,990. Shipping is scheduled to start in May, 2019.
- EF-Mount Lens/F-mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- One Aspherical Element
- Nine Low Dispersion Elements
- Apochromatic Sonnar Optical Design
- ZEISS T* Anti-Reflective Coating
- Floating Elements System
- Manual Focus Design
- Anodized Metal Barrel, Rubber Focus Ring
Zeiss offers three OTUS prime lenses for DSLRs. They are 28mm, 55mm and 85mm with all fast f/1.4 aperture. The widest lens is the Otus 28mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which features a Distagon optical concept and apochromatic design. The standart prime lens is the Otus 55mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which also employs a Distagon optical design in order to produce well-corrected imagery. Finally, lineup also includes the Otus 85mm f/1.4 ZF.2, which is a bright portrait-length lens utilizing a Planar design.