These features have been introduced with the new Fujifilm X-T30, which shares the same sensor and image processor as the X-T3. The details can be found as a summary and the download links are as follows.
- Improved face and eye tracking
- Stable exposure in face and eye tracking
- Supports smaller face tracking (10% of vertical, now down to 7%)
- “Face select” using the touch-screen or AF lever, to choose main subject
- Non-stop phase detection AF, when focusing between long distances
- Improved Quick touch-screen response
The firmware update Ver.3.00 from Ver.2.10 incorporates the following issues:
- Strengthened the accuracy of face / eye detection AF performance
The AF algorithm has been improved along with the accuracy of face / eye detection AF. The ability to detect faces in the distance has been enhanced by approximately 30% and AF tracking is now more stable, even when an obstacle appears in the way. The improvements in AF are applicable to both still photos and video recording.
- New Face Select function
The Face Select function has been introduced to provide priority auto-focus, tracking and exposure on a selected subject when multiple faces have been detected. The priority face can be selected by using the touch screen or focus lever.
- Faster AF speed for subjects at a distance
A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings*. The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
- Intuitive operation of touch screen
A Double Tap Setting and Touch Function has been added to the touch screen settings(*1). The two settings must be set to OFF to provide a better touch screen response. These new settings allow a more intuitive touch operation when shooting, AF and focus area select.
*1：By default, Touch Screen Setting, Double Tap Setting and Touch Function are set to all OFF. Touch Screen Setting must be set to ON to use the touch screen function.
- Focus frame when EYE DETECTION SETTING
When using EYE DETECTION SETTING, only focus frame on eye is displayed.
- Improvement of AF/AE area tracking when using EVF
When using the EVF, tracking function for AF/AE area movement by touch screen is improved.
- Push function of the Focus stick when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING
The push function is disabled when INTERVAL TIMER SHOOTING.
- FLICKER REDUCTION function
The options are changed from ON/OFF to ALL FRAMES/FIRST FRAME/OFF. And when choosing FIRST FRAME, the speed of CH countinuous shooting is imroved.
- Message when IMAGE TRANSFER ORDER
If there is no image of TRANSFER ORDER when turing on a camera, no message appears.
- Fix of slight defects
Read more Fujifilm Mirrorless news and Fujifilm Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.