Olympus registered a new camera as overseas certification body under the “IM015” code name. This is probably the long waited OM-D E-M5 Mark III camera.
If it’s true then this registration also means that the upcoming Olympus E-M5 Mark III camera could be announced within a few months period. On the other hand this registration could also be for a Stylus TG-6 camera prior to Summer.
We believe the next camera from Olympus would be a new E-M5 III. The upcoming OM-D series camera will use the same sensor as the E-M1 Mark II as mentioned several times in our earlier posts. Here are the possible rumored Olympus E-M5 Mark III specifications posted so far.
Rumored Olympus E-M5 III specifications
- Same sensor as the Olympus E-M1 Mark II (should be second-generation 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor)
- 121-point contrast AF point
- 50 MP super resolution mode
- 1/8000 second highest shutter speed
- Max 15fps continuous shooting speed
- Video DCI 4K / 24p and UHD 4K / 30p
- 3 inch 1.04 million pixel multi-angle back screen
- 236 million pixels 1.3 magnification electronic viewfinder
As always take it with grain of salt. Stay tuned with us for more information and please feel free to relay your comments, or suggestions.
Read more Olympus Mirrorless News and Olympus Rumors.