This is probably the most-anticipated lens for wide-angle prime enthusiasts. It is a versatile lens with a classic broad field of view that suits everything from street shooting to landscape photography.
Impressively bright, the fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is ideal for working in low-light conditions and also offers greater control over depth of field for isolating subject matter.
Sigma 40mm f/1.4 DG HSM Art Lens Pre-order Links:
- Canon EF: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Nikon F: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Sony E: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Sigma SA: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
The new Sigma wide-angle model stands out with its thoroughly corrected magnification chromatic aberration and sagittal coma flare, as well as completely minimized distortion thanks to its optical design.
The bright prime lens costs $1,399. Shipping is scheduled to start in late January 2019.
- Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/1.4 to f/16
- Two FLD Elements, Three SLD Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer Coating
- Hyper Sonic AF Motor, Manual Override
- Weather-Sealed, Protective Front Coating
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- Compatible with Sigma USB Dock
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".