The long zoom compact features a 18.2MP 1/2.3″ Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and the BIONZ X processor with UHD 4K video. Fitting for an everyday camera, the HX99 offers users a 180º tilting touchscreen, a pop-up 638.4k-dot OLED EVF and a 24-720mm equivalent zoom lens.
The new Cyber-shot HX99 Travel Zoom camera will ship in early November for $449.99 USD.
Sony Introduces New Cyber-shot HX99
Sony has introduced a new ultra-compact camera with a stunning ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* 24-720mm zoom lens. The new Cyber-shot HX99 features advanced capabilities in a small form that make it an ideal travel camera. Its compact size and Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 30x optical zoom lens.
The camera also has Fast Intelligent AF and Eye AF for locking onto subjects, as well as 10 fps continuous shooting. For improved sharpness, the lens has Optical SteadyShot image stabilization to help limit the effects of camera shake.
- 18.2MP BSI Exmor R CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ X Image Processor
- ZEISS Vario-Sonnar 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- 24-720mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 638.4k-Dot Pop-Up OLED Tru-Finder EVF
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- UHD 4K30p Video with Full Pixel Readout
- ISO 80-12800 and up to 10-fps Shooting
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Built-In Wi-Fi with NFC and Bluetooth