Canon introduced a new EF-M wide angle fixed-focal-length lens, the EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM. The EF-M lens is both compact and lightweight, serving as an ideal addition for any photographer shooting with an EOS-M series camera.
The EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens is the second EF-M lens to feature a large-aperture, delivering stunning bokeh with a soft blurred background that helps photographers isolate their subjects. In addition, the 32mm focal length converts to approximately 51m in 35mm format, providing an angle-of-view close to the field-of-view of the human eye.
Entry and enthusiast-level photographers who are passionately seeking to take their photography skills to the next-level will find this lens to be a great addition for portraiture, landscapes or general travel photography.
The EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM will be available for purchase in late September 2018 for an estimated retail price of $479.99. Included accessories for the new lens are Canon lens cap E-43, lens hood ES-60 and lens case LP-1014.
Canon EF-M 32mm f/1.4 STM lens features
- 14 elements in eight groups, including a glass molded aspherical lens
- Super Spectra Coating technology and optimized lens element placement helps minimize ghosting and flaring
- Lead gear-type STM stepping motor to help provide smooth and quiet focus operation when taking photos, and near-silence when shooting video
- Wide focusing ring with full-time manual focus capabilities
- Compact and lightweight design: maximum diameter of 60.9mm, total length of
50.5mm and approximate weight of 235g
- Maximum magnification of 0.25x and minimum focusing distance of 0.23m
|Lens type||Prime lens|
|Focal length||32 mm|
|Lens mount||Canon EF-M|
|Min focus||0.23 m (9.06″)|
|Weight||235 g (0.52 lb)|
|Length||57 mm (2.24″)|