Samyang officially announced its new ultra-wide AF 14mm f/2.8 lens for Nikon F-mount. This is the company’s first-ever autofocus lens for Nikon FX-format DSLR cameras, which is already available for Canon EF.
The model features 15 glass elements in 10 groups, including two aspherical lenses, four high refractive index lenses, and one extra-low dispersion lens. The glass has Ultra Multi-Coating (UMC) anti-reflective coatings.
The lens features a Manual / Auto Focus switch and an aluminum alloy housing, as well as a 7.8″ / 0.20m minimum focusing distance, weather sealing, and a 16.7oz / 474 grams weight. According to Rokinon, the AF 14mm F2.8 “meets or exceeds the performance characteristics” of similar ultra-wide lenses.
The Canon version of the same lens is currently priced at $695. The optic offers a 35mm equivalent of 21mm for APS-c sensor cameras like D7500 and D500. The US price is $799, and it will be available in September 2018.
Rokinon AF 14mm f/2.8 Lens for Nikon F Highlights:
- Nikon F-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- One Extra-Low Dispersion Element
- Two Aspherical and Four HRI Elements
- Ultra Multi-Coating
- Autofocus, AF/MF Switch
- 7.8″ / 0.20m minimum focusing distance
- Weighs only 484g without lens cap and hood
- Weather-Sealed Construction
- Rounded, Seven-Blade Diaphragm