Canon will also announce two new Canon full frame mirrorless cameras with 24MP and 30.4MP Sensors.
When we look at the sensor sizes of these cameras, the flagship model with 30.4MP sensor will be identical to Canon 5D Mark IV. Both cameras will shoot 4K video but this one probably be a video-centric gear.
Along with Nikon, Canon is also rumored to release two new full frame mirrorless camera before mid 2019. The development announcement of first Canon full frame mirrorless camera could be around Photokina 2018. More details can be found below.
Two Canon full frame mirrorless cameras are being testing has the code names as K424 and K433. Below are some details about these two full frame mirrorless cameras:
- One is a 30.4MP full frame sensor, code name K424, already in testing, has features similar to the EOS 5D Mark IV. The other is a full frame image sensor around 24MP, code name K433, rumored to compete with Sony a7 III.
- Both full frame mirrorless cameras will shoot 4K video, and flagship model will have best video features.
- There could be a removable EVF on one of these cameras.
- Currently no plan on releasing a Canon full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Sony a7S III.
- New Canon mirrorless mount, rumors said that there will be a “sexy” solution to current EF mount.
- Both cameras will be shipped before middle of 2019, and there is no info on announcement date, previous rumors said that first Canon full frame mirrorless camera will be announced around Photokina 2018 in September.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".