The entry-level Sony A7 III mirrorless camera is now available for pre-order. The full frame E-mount camera will cost $1,999 body-only and shipping will start on April 10, 2018. Check pre-order links at Amazon | B&H Photo Video | Adorama.
With its 24.2MP back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor, AF coverage of 93% and 10fps continuous shooting, it’s a nice addition to Sony’s full-frame mirrorless camera offering.
Pre-Order : Sony A7 III Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
The new Sony a7 III mirrorless camera is now available for pre-order online.
Sony has expanded its full-frame Alpha 7 range, introducing the Sony A7 III. With a price tag of $1,999, the camera boasts a new backside-illuminated, 24-megapixel sensor and 4K video recording with S-Log. It can also shoot full resolution pictures at up to 10fps and has a quad-VGA OLED viewfinder.
While it doesn’t match Sony’s A9 for speed or the A7R III in resolution, the basic model still pulls enough of their capabilities for it to appeal to photographers at a more affordable price. Pre-orders now available at Amazon | B&H Photo Video | Adorama.
Check Sony a7 III Sample Images or read more Sony Mirrorless news and Sony Rumors here.
Features at a glance:
- 24.2MP Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Image Sensor
- ISO range of 100 – 51200 (expandable to ISO 50 – 204800 for still images)
- 15-Stop dynamic range at low sensitivities
- AF system featuring 693 phase-detection AF points covering 93% of image area, 425 contrast AF points and fast
- Improved Eye AF
- 10 fps continuous shooting with either mechanical shutter or silent shooting and full Auto Focus/Auto Exposure tracking
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step shutter speed advantage
- High-Resolution 4K shooting with full pixel readout and no pixel binning across full-width of full-frame sensor
- 710 shots per charge with NP-FZ100 battery
- Joystick, Dual SD Card Slots, SuperSpeed USB Type-C 3.1
- Available in April for about $2000 US