Weighing only 400gr, the manual focus lens has a construction of 8 elements in 6 groups. The macro optic will be available in Nikon F, Canon EF, Pentax K and Sony FE-mount cameras.
This 25mm f/2.8 can also be used with APS-C models where it provides an 37.5mm equivalent focal length. Bright f/2.8 maximum aperture is well-suited to working in low and difficult lighting conditions.
The US price will be $399. Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro lens is scheduled for shipping in early April 2018. Check out the Venus Optics Laowa lenses at B&H Photo.
Venus Optics Laowa 25mm f/2.8 2.5-5X Ultra Macro lens officially announced
- It is a macro lens for full size of manual focus.
- The shortest shooting distance is 173 to 223.5 mm and shooting magnification 2.5 to 5 times is available.
- It is possible to secure a working distance of 40 mm (5 times) to 45 mm (2.5 times) by optical design with a special configuration. It can correspond to various lighting to obtain better shooting result.
- By adopting ultra low dispersion lens (UD lens), by appropriately suppressing chromatic aberration and color fringe, it is possible to capture images with high sharpness and high color reproducibility.
- Each lens is coated with multilayer coating, minimizing ghost and flare. Therefore, under a strong light source, it is possible to take pictures with a very high contrast and neutral color.
- Adopting a metal enclosure with excellent robustness.
- It is compact, lightweight and excellent in portability.
- Shipping starts in April 2018
- Focal length: 25 mm
- Open F value: F 2.8
- Field of View: 10.3 degrees
- Lens construction: 6 groups 8 elements
- Minimum aperture: F16
- Maximum aperture: F 2.8
- Minimum photographing distance: 173 mm to 223.5 mm
- Working Distance: 40 mm – 45 mm
- Shooting magnification: 2.5 times to 5 times
- Number of diaphragm blade: 8
- Weight: 400 g
- Corresponding mount: Canon EF, Nikon F, Pentax K, Sony FE