According to the leaked specs, the Tokina Opera 50mm F1.4 FF will be dust and weather resistant and features an ultrasonic motor, a focus ring that rotates the same direction as that of a genuine Canon or Nikon lens. The lens will have an electromagnetic iris system for Nikon shooters.
No pricing info has been leaked, but the Opera 50mm F1.4 FF is allegedly scheduled for announcement on February 28th. The prime optic will start shipping from September of 2018 for Canon EF and Nikon F mount.
Tokina Opera 50mm f/1.4 FF lens coming soon for CP+ 2018
- Full size digital single lens reflex compatible
- Mount: For Canon · For Nikon
- Ring type ultrasonic motor adopted
- Dust-proof drip
- For the first time at Tokinar adopted electromagnetic iris system for Nikon
- The direction of rotation of the focus ring is the same as that of a genuine lens for both Canon and Nikon
- Scheduled release date: Summer 2018
- Is announcement on February 28?
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".