Sigma today has announced the US price for the recently announced 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art lens. The US price for this lens is $1,299. The wide-angle zoom is available for Canon EF-mount and Nikon F-mount DSLR cameras.
Designed for 50-megapixel plus cameras, the ultra-wide zoom has three FLD and three SLD glass elements, plus an 80mm ‘high precision molded’ aspherical element. The lens is sealed against dust and moisture and has a nine-blade aperture. It has minimum focus distance of 26cm (10″) and a weight of around 1.2 kg (2.5 lb).
Sigma 14-24mm f/2.8 DG HSM Art lens is available for Pre-Order
- Constant f/2.8 maximum aperture for working in low-light conditions, stops down to f/22.
- Three Fluorite Low Dispersion (FLD), three Special Low Dispersion (SLD), and three aspherical elements in the design help reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations for improved clarity.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Front lens element has been treated with a water- and oil-repellent coating to benefit working in harsh environmental conditions.
- Nine-blade rounded diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocusing, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Focuses as close as 10.2″ for getting close and personal to your subjects.
- Bayonet mount constructed from brass for improved durability, sealed to help keep water and dust out of your camera and lens
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".