Sony has released firmware update version 2.0 for the Sony Alpha A9 mirrorless sports camera.
This major firmware improves continuous auto-focus for moving subjects and AF-C stability while zooming. Sony also improved the “all-round operational stability”. Several minor changes has also been applied with this update.
Unfortunately this upgrade doesn’t feature the so-called S-log support yet. Check out the details and download links of this A9 firmware v2.00 below.
Sony A9 firmware update V2.00 Details
Sony A9 comes with a stacked CMOS sensor with incredible autofocus coverage. The camera features a 24.2MP full-frame Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor.
It is capable of recording UHD 4K video internally, and shooting with an expanded sensitivity range to ISO 204,800.
Benefits and improvements from the latest update
- Enhance Continuous AF
- Enhances continuous auto focus on moving subjects
- Enhances AF-C stability while zooming
- Adds new or enhanced functions for sports/news media photography professionals
- New function: assign protecting images to custom key
- New function: FTP transfer protected files at once *1
- Displays wired LAN MAC address
- Inputs IPTC metadata to files *2
- Inputs camera serial number to metadata
- Improves all-round operational stability
- Improves the accuracy of the overheating warning
*1: Only the images protected on Ver.2.00.
*2: Need to create IPTC information beforehand by using the “IPTC Metadata Preset” software.
- Download the Sony A9 Firmware Update V2.00 from Sony USA
- Download the Sony A9 Firmware Update V2.00 from Sony Australia
Check out the Sony a9 accessories:
- Sony VG-C3EM Vertical Grip for a9: $348 at Amazon.
- Sony PCK-LG1 Screen Protect Glass Sheet: $29.99 at Amazon.
- Sony NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery (2280mAh): $78 at Amazon.
- Sony GP-X1EM Grip Extension: $128 at Amazon.
- Sony NPAMQZ1K Multi Battery Adaptor Kit: $398 at Amazon.
- Sony BC-QZ1 Battery Charger: $88 at Amazon.