Official full-size sample images taken with the new Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens are now available.
Sigma Global has published full-resolution sample photos captured with the new DN-series glass. Despite the lens being made primarily for APS-C E-Mount, photographer Wataru Nakamura used a Sony A7RII in 3:2 crop mode (17.8MP resolution).
The lens is designed to use on mirrorless cameras for Sony E-mount and Micro Four Thirds systems. It is the second budget-friendly fast aperture optic after the 30mm F1.4 DC DN. The Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN | Contemporary is expected to start shipping in December with a suggested retail price of $449.95 at B&H and Adorama.
Full size Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN lens sample images
Along these three full-size Sigma 16mm photos, Sigma Canada has also posted a gallery of samples from a pre-production lens.
The Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN Contemporary lens will provide a 35mm equivalent focal length of 24mm for Sony E-mount and 32mm for Micro Four Thirds bodies. It would be useful for perfect for low-light, indoor and street shootings especially with Sony A6500 and Olympus E-M1 mirrorless cameras.
- A wide-angle prime, this 16mm f/1.4 is designed for APS-C-format Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras and provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and also affords greater focus control for producing shallow depth of field effects.
- The optical design incorporates three FLD elements, two SLD elements, and two molded aspherical elements to help reduce color fringing, chromatic aberrations, and spherical aberrations for notable sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy from edge to edge.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Stepping AF motor benefits both photographers and videographers with its fast, precise, and near-silent performance.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Dust- and splash-resistant design permits this lens’s use in trying weather conditions.
- The lens is constructed using a Thermally Stable Composite (TSC) material, along with traditional metals, for greater precision and use in wide temperature variations. The outside of the lens barrel is also engraved with the year of production.
- The bayonet mount is constructed from brass for ensured accuracy and durability.
Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".