Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III announcement date is rumored to take place in the near future as sources claims the mirrorless shooter should arrive in mid-October, 2017.
Canon is rumored to replace the G1 X Mark II with the Mark III really soon. The upcoming camera is expected to be a APS-c sized image sensor. This would take the high-end Powershot model more to the fixed-lens premium camera league.
After the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III announcement, the next models are scheduled to be the other rumored compact models.
Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III announcement could happen in the near future
The Japanese company is actively working on the new G1 X Mark III compact camera. The relese date of the product should be in November. Below you can find the first specs of the upcoming shooter.
G1 X Mark III Specifications
- 24mp APS-C Sensor (the PowerShot G1 X Mark II had the 1.5″ sensor)
- Dual pixel CMOS AF
- Number of effective pixels: 24.2 million pixels (Total number of pixels: 25.8 million pixels)
- Lens: converted 24 – 72 mm F 2.8 – 5.6
- Video engine: DIGIC 7
- Video: Full HD 60p
- Continuous shooting: Approximately 9 frames per second, about 7 fps at servo AF
- ISO sensitivity: 100-25600
- Minimum shooting distance (from the lens tip): 10 cm (W), 30 cm (T)
- EVF: 0.39 type 2.36 million dots
- Back side liquid crystal: 3.0 type 1.04 million dot touch panel Bali angle angle liquid crystal
- Wi-Fi · Bluetooth · NFC installed
- Battery: NB-13L
- Number of storable pictures: 200 pictures, eco mode 250 pictures
- Recording medium: SD / SDHC / SDXC card
- Size: 115.0 x 77.9 x 51.4 mm
- Weight: 375 g (body only), 399 g (including battery and SD card)
As usual, it would be wise to take everything with a pinch of salt, as Sony has a bunch of mirrorless products to unveil. Along with the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark III announcement, several new G series PowerShot cameras might be on the horizon. Stay tuned with us for more information.