Fuji will release a new update for the X-T1 and X-T2 mirrorless cameras. The new updates will be the X-T2 firmware ver.1.10 and X-T1 firmware ver.5.0.
Fujifilm X-T2 firmware ver.1.10 adds USB tethered shooting. This new function will allow users to connect the camera to a computer via a USB cable. It also allows you to capture and save your images directly onto computer, and control the camera from the computer.
The Fuji X-T2 ($1,599.95) uses the same 24.3MP X-Trans CMOS III APS-C sensor found on the flagship X-Pro2 model. It also comes with an upgraded hybrid AF system with more focus points, as well as an AF-point selection joystick. Firmware details and download links can be seen below.
Fujifilm X-T2 Firmware Version 1.10 Coming on November 8, 2016
Improvements with this firmware update:
- Tether shooting is available via USB connection. You will require additional software stated below to use the tether shooting function.
- Tether Shooting Plug-in PRO for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tether Shooting Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.3 or later*
- Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5 Ver.1.3 or later
* Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® 6 or CC is required.
When it’s available, you can follow the firmware upgrade here on Fujifilm Website.