Sigma is rumored to announce a new 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art zoom lens with a large f/1.8 fixed aperture.
According to latest rumors, the upcoming Art-series telephoto zoom optic will be announced next week, on February 23rd, 2016.
Designed for APS-C sensor cameras the Sigma 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art will be available in Canon EF, Nikon F, and Sigma SA mount. It will provide a 35mm equivalent zoom range of 75-150mm which is perfect for portrait and wedding photography.
Sigma to Unveil a Fast 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens
The optic with bright aperture will have a price tag about ¥167,400 in Japan which makes its price around $1,500 in USD. Release date of the lens expected in late April 2016.
Here are detailed specs of the lens
- Lens construction: 15 elements in 21 group
- Three FLD glass. One SLD glass. One high-refractive-index, high-dispersion glass. Three high refractive index SLD glass
- Filter Size: 82mm
- Shortest photographing distance: 95cm
- Maximum magnification of 1: 6.7
- Total length: 170.7mm
- Maximum diameter: 93.5mm
- Weight: 1490g
- Aperture blades: 9 sheets (circular aperture)
- Of the new development that has been thinned ultrasonic motor
- Inner focus, inner zoom
- Suggested retail price is 167,400 yen (tax included)
- Available in Canon EF, Nikon F, Sigma
- Release Date April 22
The telephoto zoom lens with a fixed aperture of f/1.8 is lighter than the competitors like the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II and Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II lens models.
Sigma is expected to announce the 50-100mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art and 30mm F1.4 DC DN lenses on February 23, 2016 before the CP+ Camera & Photo Imaging Show 2016 in Yokohama, Japan.
When we look at the previous Sigma rumors, the company is actively working on 85mm f/1.4 Art, 24-70mm f/2.8 Art OS, 70-200mm f/2.8 OS Sport lenses. The new Sigma lenses expected to arrive in 2016 possibly at Photokina 2016 event.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".