Canon EOS 5Ds More Detailed Specifications
Along with the first Canon EOS 5Ds specifications and image posted on the web, few more details of the 50-megapixel camera also surfaced online.
CanonWatch posted the updates and added the new tidbits to the already leaked EOS 5Ds specs. From the updated 5Ds specs sheet below we can say the ISO can be expanded up to 12800 and the AF system is the same as with the Canon 5D Mark III.
There will be two different models to be announced for the EOS 5Ds full-frame DSLR camera. The 5Ds will feature a 50.6-megapixel full frame sensor with an optical low-pass filter, while the 5Ds will be the version without an OLPF.
More Canon EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R Specifications
Here is the Canon EOS 5Ds specification list with the updated ones with the bold lines.
- 50.6MP full-size CMOS sensor (53MP total count)
- 5DS R is without low-pass filter
- Magnesium alloy body
- Dust and water sealed
- Dual processor DIGIC6
- Regular sensitivity ISO 100-6400, expand to 12800
- Continuous shooting 5 frames / sec.
- High precision 61-point AF, 41 cross type
- EOS iTR AF
- 150,000 pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
- Added “fine detail” to the Picture Style
- 1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting mode
- Customizable “Quick Control Screen”
- Time-lapse movie
- Interval Timer
- Bulb timer
- No headphone terminal
- No DAF
- No HDMI output for video (clean out) Not to compete with 5D III other video features are same.
Canon’s new pro-level 50-megapixel EOS 5Ds and EOS 5Ds R DSLRs will be announced next week on February 6th along with several new products.
The major announcement is also include the entry-level EOS 750D / Rebel T6i DSLR, EF 11-24mm f/4L lens, a brand new EOS M3 mirrorless camera and several Powershot compact models.
New Canon products most likely be on-display at CP+ 2015 show in mid-February.