Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Sigma. The patent describes a new Sigma 28-85mm f/3.5-5.6 OS lens for APS-C mirrorless system cameras.
If we count on the crop sensor this is almost a medium zoom range start as 28mm. Anyway it is exciting news if this lens step into the production. The pending patent is an image-stabilized 28-85mm f/3.5-5.6 lens for APS-C mirrorless systems. See below for the patent details.
Sigma Patent for 28-85mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens For APS-C Mirrorless Cameras
- Patent Publication No. 2014-44246
- Publication date 2014.3.13
- Filing date 2012.8.24
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 2.84
- Focal length f = 29.01-50.00-82.48mm
- Fno. 3.63-4.59-5.78
- Angle of view 2ω = 53.08-31.21-19.16 °
- Image height Y = 14.20mm
- 92.04-103.13-116.62mm overall length of the lens
- Inner Focus (Group 4)
- Anti-vibration (group 2)