DxOMark has posted their test results for the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens. They reviewed the high quality “L” series wide angle zoom lens which is currently priced for $839 and said that the EF 17-40mm f/4L USM lens is a popular high performance option for APS-C size DSLR cameras.
The Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM achieves a high ranking for an ultra-wide angle lens with DxOMark score of 21 points. The lens was tested with the Canon EOS 5D Mark III DSLR camera.
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens Review and Test Results
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM vs. EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM lens comparison
From DxOMark Conclusion :
Due to its more glamorous sibling this modest lens is often overlooked though it’s well known for its high-performance by Canon users. As a small, light, highly portable zoom it would make a great choice for travel, landscapes and general-purpose photography. Although not exactly cheap at $839, if portability is a concern it’s a great alternative to the faster model.
Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM Lens Features
- 17-40mm ultra-wide-angle zoom lens with f/4 maximum aperture for Canon SLR cameras
- 3 aspherical lens elements and super UD glass element create superior optics in all conditions
- Powerful ring-type ultra-sonic monitor (USM) produces fast and silent autofocusing
- Focuses as close as 11 inches; supports screw-in 77mm filters or up to 3 gel filters
- Weather-resistant construction; measures 3.3 inches in diameter
- Shorter and about 35% lighter than 16-35 f/2.8 L-Series Lens
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".