Sony NEX-7 replacement release date has been scheduled for October 2013. The new Sony NEX mirrorless interchangeable lens camera to be announced this October.
The Sony NEX-7 successor will not be named “NEX-7n” anymore and will have a new name. Name is not yet surfaced. Previously the NEX-7 replacement expected to be the first camera with the new JPEG engine which is also mentioned for the “Honami Smartphone” with large 1/1,5 inch sensor.
Previously rumored NEX-7n / NEX-7 replacement specs can be seen here.
Sony NEX-7 Successor Rumored Specs [NEX-7n]
- New 24 Megapixel APS-C sensor with 1/2 stop improvement and increased dynamic range
- 3, 8 Million dot EVF
- Hybrid Contrast and Phase Detection AF
- Tri Navi design reviewed
- Focus Peaking will be much improved with choice of colors
- Wifi, but no GPS on board.
- Same size and form factor of the current NEX-7 but with a minor redesign