Rumors are surface again for Canon and widely expected Canon EOS 70D to be announced before June 2013. The main reason why the new Canon EOS 70D didn’t announced on April 23th is the new sensor going to be used on EOS 70D too.
Rumors before were Canon is developing a new 21MP sensor for new APS-C DSLR cameras. This 21MP sensor is for the rumored EOS 7D Mark II.
When mass production of the 21mp sensor has finalized, that sensor could also be appear in the widely expected EOS 70D DSLR camera.
Canon EOS 70D to be Announced Before June 2013?
Some rumors are also told that Canon announcement may have been delayed due to technical and marketing reasons. If that is the scenario EOS 70D will then have a new 18MP sensor as we see on the new Canon EOS Rebel SL1.
Canon EOS 70D to be announced in 6 weeks period before June, 2013.
Canon EOS 70D Expected Specs
- 18 MP sensor, similar to the one in EOS Rebel SL1 / EOS 100D or the new in production 21MP sensor
- All cross type 19-points AF system
- 6 – 7 fps burst rate
- Single SD card slot
- 3.2 inch LCD screen
- ISO 100 – 25600 expanded
- Powered by the DIGIC 5 or 6 processor
- 1080p HD video capture
- Capacity touch screen, similar to the EOS Rebel T5i and SL1
- Creative filters with Live Preview
- Some WiFi capability, similar to Canon EOS 6D
- Magnesium alloy body with added weather sealing
- US list price – $1,199 body only
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".