Panasonic has just officially announced the new Panasonic Lumix S 100mm F2.8 (S-E100) lens. It is the world’s smallest and lightest medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens (featuring autofocus, a focal length of at least 90mm, and produced for full-frame, interchangeable-lens cameras), weighing approximately 298 grams.
Impressively small and lightweight (weighing approximately 298g), the LUMIX S-E100 is a medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens that caters to the demand for accessible professional-grade photography. With a new optical design and a newly developed linear motor, the LUMIX S-E100 boasts high resolution and outstanding photographic performance, enabling stunning bokeh. At the same time, its compact nature ensures excellent mobility outdoors and other shooting locations.
Panasonic Lumix S 100mm F2.8 Macro Lens Features
- 100mm F2.8 with 1:1 life-size magnification
- A compact, high-quality lens using 3 ASPH lenses
- High resolution & beautiful bokeh images
- Unified operability and exterior design for achieving efficient workflow
- New Dual Phase Linear Motor
- Suppressing focus breathing with excellent optical design
Panasonic Announces its Newest S Series Lens at CES 2024
The LUMIX S-E100 is the world’s smallest and lightest* medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens
Las Vegas, NV (January 8, 2024) – Panasonic is pleased to introduce the brand new LUMIX S 100mm F2.8 MACRO (S-E100) lens based on the L-Mount system standard. Compact and lightweight to match the camera body, the S-E100 lens joins the LUMIX S Series lineup which is designed to address the demand for accessible yet professional grade photography gear.
With a new optical design and a newly developed Dual Phase linear motor, the S-E100 is the world’s smallest and lightest medium-telephoto fixed focal length macro lens, weighing approximately 298 grams. It boasts high resolution, stunning bokeh unique to macro lenses, excellent depth in expression, and fast focusing in a chassis matched to our existing F/1.8 series of lenses. At the same time, its compact nature ensures excellent mobility outdoors and in other shooting locations.
In addition to close proximity photography, the S-E100 also produces impressive portraits and images unique to medium-telephoto lenses, with support for fast autofocusing and bright F/2.8 aperture. Following increased demand for video capabilities, the S-E100 produces high-quality video content through silent operation with optically corrected focus breathing. This is due to the newly developed linear focus motor and micro-step aperture control. These features allow for smooth exposure change and the ability to choose between linear or nonlinear focus ring settings.
By providing cutting edge, improved performance and mobility for camera enthusiasts and professionals, LUMIX aims to create a new digital mirrorless camera market.
- The World’s Smallest and Lightest* Medium-Telephoto Fixed Focal Length Macro Lens
- A more compact structure thanks to an optical design, featuring a new Double Focus System, three aspherical lenses and a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor with a new actuator.
- Suitable for use in a wide range of situations due to its excellent mobility, whether it’s close proximity photography, natural photos and portraits, or faster paced action, unique to medium telephoto lenses.
- High Resolution and Outstanding Photographic Performance
- Boasts high resolution and elaborate photographic performance in every area, from the center of the image to its edges.
- Captures every detail of the subject while creating bokeh unique to medium-telephoto macro lenses.
- Optimal Video Functionality for Video Production
- Offers silent operation thanks to a newly developed Dual Phase Linear Motor.
- Suppresses focus breathing, in which the angle of view changes, caused by movements in the focus position.
- Fast Autofocus performance for expanded capabilities
- • Newly developed Dual Phase Linear Autofocus motor enables speed and precision for faster action tracking in both Photo and Video uses.
- Ultra-High precision manual focus sensor allows for unparalleled manual focus precision, even when working at 1:1 macro.
- Unified Design and rendering
- Designed to match our exiting F/1.8 series of lenses, the S-E100 allows photographers and videographers to maintain a unified experience from 18mm – 100mm with matched size, filter threads, and similar weight.
- Image renders has been tuned within this series of lenses to produce unified color regardless of which lens is used.
The LUMIX S-E100 lens will be available at valued channel partners at the end of January 2024 for $999.99 MSRP.
* As of January 9, 2024. Among interchangeable lenses for AF compatible full-frame mirrorless cameras, and macro lenses with a magnification ratio of 1:1 with a focal length of 90mm or more.