Here are the updated rumored specs of Sony a9 III camera. As we hinted on the title, highlighted features are the 44MP, 8K60p, 4K120p, 26fps. Let’s dive into the details.
If we look at the leaked features, it is stated that the a9 III will have the newly developed 44MP stacked CMOS sensor. This would be a significant jump over the 24MP sensor in the current Sony A9 II model. A 44MP sensor provides massive resolution, providing greater flexibility for cropping images and preserving incredible detail.
Reports also suggest that the a9 III can support impressive 8K 60p and 4K 120p video recording. These video capabilities will make the camera extremely versatile for professional cinematography, documentaries and commercial work. In particular, 8K video offers an advanced level of detail thanks to its huge image resolution.
Rumored Sony A9 III Specifications
- 44MP Full-Frame Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- Up to 26fps Shooting, ISO 50-102400
- 8K 30p and 4K 120p Video in 10-Bit
- 3.7 m-Dot EVF (Blackout free)
- 759-Pt. Fast Hybrid AF, Real-time Eye AF
- 5-Axis SteadyShot Image Stabilization
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
- New BIONZ processor
- FX100 batteries
- 3.4-inch tilting dual touch screen
- CFExpress Type A/SD dual card slot
- 120 frames per second, full resolution, HEIF
- 30 frames/second uncompressed/compressed lossless RAW
- 240 AF calculations per second
- 2200 AF points, 100% coverage
- GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/QZSS compatible
- 5G BASE-T Ethernet port
Sony a9 III will be the successor of Sony a9 II, and it is set to compete with Canon EOS R5/R5 Mark II. The next few months will be an exciting time as we learn more about Sony’s impressive A9 III flagship model.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography