The Canon EOS R5 C has joined Netflix’s list of officially approved cameras that can be used in its productions.
The Canon EOS R5 C joins the EOS C500 Mark II, EOS C300 Mark III, EOS C70, EOS C300 Mark II, EOS C700 FF, EOS C700, and EOS C500 cameras on Netflix’s approved camera list. Since Netflix is one of the largest providers of original video content, the ability to submit your project for the company’s consideration is key.
With the EOS R5 C Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 update, the full-frame, mirrorless R5 C gains improved Canon Log 3 image quality when shooting in XF-AVC or MP4 formats. This latest update also improves the overall image quality and camera operability.
Firmware update 188.8.131.52 for the Canon EOS R5 C
- Improved AF performance when Face Detection AF is enabled, adding the ability to select a face with an RF lens’ Control Ring or the camera’s Control Dial. Improved Head Detection allows the EOS R5 C to detect a subject’s head, even when the subject is looking backwards. The AF frame also changes size based on the subject detected during tracking. This update is also available for the EOS C70.
- Power Save Mode improvements extend recording time by approximately 30% in 4K/60p1.
- Enhanced Clear Scan in Shutter Mode menu reduces potential flicker during LED wall usage.
- For usage with Canon’s Dual Fisheye Lens, the ability to switch from left to right lens during VR recording when using Magnify and enabled 2x magnification when recording in 8K.
- Reduced switching time between photo and video mode – approximately 40% faster from Photo to Video and 70% faster from Video to Photo.
More EOS R5 C stock tracker options: