New Firmware Update Ver. 2.00 for Sony A7R V Released
Sony has released a new major firmware update Ver. 2.00 for Sony a7R V full frame mirrorless camera.
The Sony A7R V uses the same 61-megapixel image sensor as its predecessor, but the latest high-res Alpha camera includes some significant changes and improvements. Other key features of the new camera are the latest BIONZ XR image processor, a 35mm full-frame back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS image sensor, high precision image stabilisation and 8K24/25P video and 4K video oversampled from 6.2k without binning.
The new Sony a7R V mirrorless camera is now in stock and shipping at major US stores: $3,898 at B&H, Amazon, Adorama.
Sony a7R V Vs. Canon EOS R5 Vs. Sony a7R IV Specs Comparison
Firmware Update Ver. 2.00 for Sony A7R V Benefits and Improvements
- Adds support for the Creators’ App
Note: The new Creators’ App mobile application replaces the Imaging Edge Mobile app. The Creators’ App allows you to transfer images from the camera to your smartphone, shoot remotely, and use various other functions.
- Adds a function that improves security when connecting with the Creators’ App and Imaging Edge Desktop software for remote shooting and image transfers
Note: Please update the Imaging Edge Desktop software to the latest version (Ver.3.6 or later)
- Adds a function to switch the face that is prioritized for focus with a custom key
- Improves the operational stability of the camera
Download Firmware Ver 2.00 for Sony a7R V
- 61MP Full-Frame Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor
- BIONZ XR & AI Processing Unit
- AI-Based Real-Time Tracking AF System
- 8K 24p, 4K 60p, FHD 120p 10-Bit Video
- 4K 16-Bit Raw Output; S-Log3/S-Cinetone
- 9.44m-Dot EVF with 120 fps Refresh Rate
- 3.2″ 4-Axis Multi-Angle Touchscreen LCD
- 10 fps Shooting with AF/AE Tracking
- 8-Stop 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Dual CFexpress Type A/SD Card Slots
Stay tuned with us and read more Sony Rumors here.
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography.