Nikon says it wants to have 50+ Z-mount lenses on the market by 2025. On April 7, Nikon shared its ‘Medium Term Management Plan,’ which details what areas of its businesses Nikon will be focusing on from now through 2025. You can see the slide presentation here.
In the field of imaging, Nikon will focus on building high-value products and mirrorless cameras, with more than 50 Z-mount lenses by the end of 2025. In addition, Nikon will enhance video capabilities to meet the needs of video creators, and enhance remote control and automatic image capture to meet the needs of professionals.
The current Nikkor Z lens roadmap has 34 lenses – that means another 19 Nikon Z-mount lenses will be announced by the end of 2025.
Nikon Z-mount Lenses Will Increase to more than 50 by 2025
Main points for the digital camera segment:
- Concentrate management resources in high value-added products and mirrorless cameras (meet expectations of professionals and hobbyists and raise ASP 20%)
- Bolster the Z mount system by expanding lens lineup (50+ lenses and a 2+ lens attach rate)
- Appeal to video creators by strengthening video functions
- Strengthen remote operation and automatic image capture features to meet professional needs
- Focus on licensing business
Direction for Imaging Products Business:
- For pros/hobbyists: deploy advanced features from the Z9 across the lineup
- Deploy advanced features from the Z9 across the lineup
- Bolster engagement before and after purchase
- Focus on apps and the cloud
Regardless of what is next, stay tuned to our website to find out the latest digital camera news and Nikon Rumors.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!