Nikon will soon release a new mirrorless camera, the Nikon Z 9. In the meantime, the company released a teaser video. There will be three more Nikon Z9 teaser videos before the official launch.
See the up to date rumored Nikon Z9 specs, we expect the official announcement in the next two months. Nikon basically combined the D6 and D850 and created a high-end full frame mirrorless camera.
Nikon released a new Nikon Z9 teaser:
Nikon Z9 Specs
- 8256 x 5504px resolution that confirms a 45MP stacked sensor (it is interesting to note that Canon decided to go with a 24MP sensor for their R3 camera).
- The Z9 will be capable of up to 120 fps in a lower res file size (6Mb I think). Some reports even indicated 160 fps!
- Built-in GPS – probably GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite System).
- The Z9 will use the same battery as D6. There will be also a new 18-type battery (EN-EL18x) that can be charged by the camera’s USB-C.
- The sensor has multi leaf blade protective shutter that auto covers sensor when switched off/changing lens to stop dust and dirt on naked sensor.
- The Z9 will have car autofocus in addition to animal and people AF as well as low light -7 EV.
- Improved 3D tracking.
- Improved articulated screen that even works in portrait mode – it is a completely new design.
- New style locking flap for the two CFExpress memory cards.
- Third joystick/selector added to use whilst camera close face and shooting.
- Many new menu features to tweak and match your shooting style.
- The shutter release sound level can be adjusted from silent to loud… so you can still get that D6 machine gun sound…
- The official announcement is expected in the next 2 months, but do not expect many cameras to ship before the end of the year. Because of part shortage, the waiting time for the Z9 is expected to be very long.
Previously Posted Nikon Z9 Specifications
- Newly developed 45MP high-resolution stacked FX sensor
- 30 fps
- Integrated vertical grip handle
- The Z9 is described as a D6 body combined with EOS R5 imaging, α9II AF, and blackout-free EVF
- Nikon confirmed that the Z9 will be better than the D6
- 16-bit RAW option
- 8k30p, 4k120/60/30p (support for 8K video recording)
- New EXPEED image-processing engine designed for 8k (newly developed Imaging Pipeline Processor to broaden sensor readout emphasizing speed)
- Improved AF (Object detection AF)
- “Stunning” AF tracking (better than the D6)
- Advanced real-time tracking
- Two XQD/CFX type B memory card slots
- ISO 64 – 25,600, Hi1, Hi2
- Improved noise levels and specifically significantly better dynamic range
- High resolution, blackout-free EVF: probably 5.76 MP or maybe even 9k MP viewfinder, 120 Hz refresh rate (the resolution can be reduced to increase the refresh rate)
- New user interface (no second LCD screen on the back like the D6)
- New battery: Nikon EN-EL18x
- Gbit LAN, USB-C, WiFi, GPS, built-in transmitter
- Price: $6,000 – $7,000
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!