Nikon officially announced the new Nikon NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR Lens. The all-in-one standard-to-telephoto zoom listed on its Z-mount roadmap. The US price is $596.95, and now it is available for pre-order at B&H and Adorama.
The lens is impressively compact, measuring 73mm (2.9″) wide and 90mm (3.6″) long, when at its shortest, 18mm setting. A plastic lens mount helps keep weight down to a very portable 315g (11.2 oz), and Nikon says the design is ‘dust- and drip- resistant’ which boosts its usefulness as a travel lens.
- Z-Mount Lens/DX Format
- 27-210mm (35mm Equivalent)
- Stepping Motor AF System
- Vibration Reduction Image Stabilization
- Programmable Control Ring
THE NIKKOR Z DX 18-140MM F/3.5-6.3 VR IS A HIGH-POWER DX-FORMAT ZOOM LENS FOR Z SERIES MIRRORLESS CAMERAS
MELVILLE, NY (October 13, 2021) – Today, Nikon Inc. has announced the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR, the latest NIKKOR Z lens compatible with APS-C size (Nikon DX-format) mirrorless cameras
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR is a 7.8x high-power zoom lens that is extremely compact and easy to carry, with a total length of approx. 3.6-inches (90mm) and weight of approx. 11.2 oz (315g). Its wide focal-length range makes the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm ideal for capturing a variety of subjects, from travel to daily snapshots and everything in between.
The lens achieves consistently high resolution, regardless of focal length or shooting distance, making it a great choice for both still shooting and video recording. Its short minimum focus distance of 0.2m at the maximum wide-angle position lets users capture dynamic close-up shots such as shooting flowers or tabletop photography. The lens also realizes high vibration reduction (VR) performance with an effect equivalent to a 5.0-stop1 increase in shutter speed for more stable and sharp photos even during telephoto shooting or in low-light situations where vibration is likely to occur.
Primary features of the NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR:
- Covers a focal-length range of 18mm to 140mm (27mm-210mm, 35mm angle of view equivalent), convenient for capturing stills and videos of a wide variety of subjects, from landscapes to portraits.
- The short minimum focus distance of 0.2m (at max wide-angle) is optimum for close-up shots.
- The maximum reproduction ratio of 0.33x at the maximum telephoto position enables rendering of subjects in large size.
- Equipped with an optical VR mechanism that provides camera shake compensation equivalent to a 5.0-stop increase in shutter speed.
- High resolution achieved consistently across the entire zoom range, from maximum aperture.
- Ideal for shooting video, with effective reduction of shifting of focus when zooming in/out and shifting of angle of view when adjusting focus.
- Select functions can be assigned to the control ring for stills and video.
- Fast, precise and quiet AF operation is attained with the employment of an STM (stepping motor).
- Designed with consideration of dust- and drip-resistant performance.
Pricing and Availability:
The NIKKOR Z DX 18-140mm f/3.5-6.3 VR telephoto zoom lens will be available starting in November (US) for a suggested retail price (SRP) of $599.95*.