According to latest Sony rumors, the highly anticipated Sony A7 IV camera will be released around September this year. The current Sony a7 III was officially announced in February 2018 and it is now almost 3 years old. We know that Sony a7 IV mirrorless camera has been rumored for a long time. As a result recent reports indicates that the upcoming Sony a7 IV coming around September 2021.
Sony has registered a new camera body with the name of WW734234 in China. It’s equipped with 5Ghz/2.4Ghz WiFi and Bluetooth. It’s been suggested that the new code could be the Sony A7 IV.
Let’s look into the details for the newly registered Sony camera, which we think could be the Sony A7 IV.
Rumored Sony a7 IV Specifications:
- Camera type: Full-frame mirrorless
- Sensor: Full-frame 30Mp BSI CMOS
- Processing engine: Bionz XR
- Sensitivity: ISO 50-204,800
- The same menu system as Sony a7S III
- Autofocus system: Hybrid with 693 phase detection points and 425 contrast detection points, Real Time Eye AF (Human and Animal for stills and video)
- Stabilisation: 5-axis IBIS and digital, up to 5.5EV shutter speed compensation
- Video resolution: 4K at up 60fps and 1080p at 240fps, 10-bit and 4:2:2 colour over HDMI
- Gamut: S-Log2 and S-Log3, S-Gamut3.Cine and S-Gamut3
- Still File formats: Raw, JPG, HEIF
- Screen: 3-inch 1,440,000-dot vari-angle touchscreen
- Viewfinder: 0.5-inch OLED with 3.69million dots
- Maximum continuous shooting rate: 10fps with mechanical or electronic shutter
- Storage: Dual: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) and CFexpress Type A
- Launch Price: $2,499
- Announcement around September 2021
Also join the Sony Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Sony photography
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.