Here’s the complete and real-world side by side test and comparison between the DJI Air 2S and the Skydio 2 in autonomous tracking modes.
Featuring a 1-inch CMOS sensor, powerful autonomous functions, and a compact body weighing less than 600g, the DJI Air 2S drone (Amazon, B&H, Adorama) is capable of capturing 20MP photos and up to 5.4K/30p or 4K/60p video and it is the ultimate drone for aerial photographers on the move.
From DC Rainmaker :
For the DJI Air 2S I’m showing Active Track 4.0 for both Trace & Parallel with the latest APAS 4.0 as well. Whereas for the Skydio its using its internal camera network to determine my and obstacles around me with no controller required (just a phone to monitor it).
I did numerous times runs pre-video, but in this video I’m focused on one comparison side by side to see how things work in the exact same route with trees, water, more trees, and more water.
DJI Air 2S Drone Key Features
- Compact & Foldable Design
- 20MP Stills or up to 5.4K Ultra HD Video
- 3-Axis Gimbal with 22mm Lens & 1″ CMOS
- MasterShots Automated Themed Filming
- FocusTrack Subject Tracking Modes
- QuickShot Aerial Effects
- Hyperlapse Modes for Timelapse Videos
- 4-Antenna Remote with 7.5-Mile Range
- 4-Direction Obstacle Avoidance
- D-Log 10-Bit Color & 12.6-Stop RAW
Read more: Best Memory Cards for DJI Air 2S.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 4 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. Luminar 4's revolutionary tools and AI technologies give superpowers for creative photo editing. We rated Luminar as Highly Recommended.