The Canon EOS R3 is a professional camera aimed at professional sports and news photographers. Features a weather-sealed body, the flagship model boasts a newly developed 35mm full-frame, back illuminated, stacked CMOS sensor and a DIGIC X image processor. The R3 also comes with 30fps continuous shooting, “next generation Dual Pixel CMOS AF” and Eye Control Function autofocus.
The EOS R3 will be available for the Tokyo Olympics this summer. On the other hand, as we mentioned at the beginning of the article, if it is going to be a competitor of Sony A1 ($6,500) and Nikon Z9 in the professional segment, then we should say that the selling price of the EOS R3 can easily be around $6k.
Canon EOS R3 Additional Coverage
- Canon adds 100mm macro and 400mm and 600mm super teles to RF lens line
- Canon launches 3 new RF prime lenses: hands-on review with David Bergman
- Canon reveals EOS R3 mirrorless camera in development
- Canon EOS R3 press release
Canon EOS R3 at a Glance:
- 30fps continuous shooting with AF/AE tracking (electronic shutter)
- New Canon developed Full-frame Stacked BSI CMOS sensor
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Eye-AF control
- Subject eye and head detection
- Dust and water resistant body with integrated grip
- Fast Mobile File Transfer (Wireless)
- RF mount
- Pre-orders: Adorama | B&H
- Canon RF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Lens: $1,399 at B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens: $11,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
- Canon RF 600mm f/4L IS USM Lens: 12,999 at Amazon, B&H, Adorama.
Join the Canon Camera Users Group to share your Canon photography. Ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!