Nikon releases NX Studio, a new software that enables the seamless viewing and editing of still images and video. The video editing/viewing software combines the best bits of Nikon’s View NX-i and Capture NX-D software applications in one software.
The software will enable users to transfer images to Nikon’s image sharing and storage service, Nikon Image Space, and will be continually updated to ensure compatibility with new camera models such as the Nikon Z7 II.
Nikon digital camera users can download the software, free of charge from today. Current users of View NX-i and Capture NX-D are advised to switch to NX Studio as View NX-i and Capture NX-D will no longer be updated so they’re compatible with the latest OS and new functions won’t be added either.
Nikon Releases NX Studio – Overview
|Product name||NX Studio|
|Release date||March 4, 2021|
NX Studio Primary Features
- The viewing, processing, and editing of still images and video can be completed seamlessly.
- Features a menu structure categorized by workflow, and a functional yet simple design.
- Features a variety of display options, such as filmstrip with both horizontal and vertical preview options, as well as a 2/4 screen comparison option, in addition to a simple and easy-to-read shooting information display.
- Supports the precise editing of images with detailed editing functions such as color control points that enable the adjustment of colors within a specified area, and a retouch brush for the removal of dust and scratches in the image.
- Easy-to-understand user interface with menu items and terminology that match those of Nikon cameras.
- Users are able to choose how adjustment information is saved, whether in a separate file using the sidecar file format or directly to the image file itself.
- Includes XMP/IPTC information editing and preset management functions.
- Works with other software such as Nikon Transfer 2 and Camera Control Pro 2.
Join the Nikon Camera Users Group to share your Nikon photography, ask and answer questions that arise and help each others!