Fujifilm has announced the new Fujinon XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR telephoto zoom lens (XF70-300mmF4-5.6), an interchangeable zoom lens for X Series digital cameras that combines high performance with portability.
The XF 70-300mm F4-5.6 R LM OIS WR is all-new compact long zoom lens. The lens, equivalent to 107-457mm on X-series cameras, offers up to 5.5 stops of stabilization. It has 17 elements in 12 groups, including both aspherical and ED glass elements. Fujifilm promises fast AF speeds courtesy of the lens’ linear motor. The minimum focus distance is 83cm (33″), with a maximum magnification of 0.33x.
The FUJINON XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR will be available from 18 March 2021 and priced at $799.
Pre-Order Fujifilm Products
Fujifilm XF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 R LM OIS WR Telephoto Zoom Lens Main Features
Broad range of focal lengths in a compact and lightweight design
- Weighing just 1.27 lb. (580g) with a length of 5.21 in. (132.5mm), XF70-300F4-5.6 combines 17 elements in 12 groups, including one aspherical element and two, extra- low dispersion (ED) elements, into a compact and lightweight body that only has a diameter of 2.95 in. (75mm).
- Paired with Fujifilm’s FUJINON XF16-80mm F4 R OIS WR lens, image-makers can use the XF70-300F4-5.6 to maximize portability and maintain versatility with just two lenses, effectively covering the 35mm equivalent focal lengths between 24mm and 457mm at a fraction of the size and weight.
Compatibility with FUJINON 1.4x and 2x Teleconverters
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is compatible with the FUJINON XF1.4X TC WR and FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverters. When XF70-300mmF4-5.6 is paired with XF2X TC WR, it is possible to achieve a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of up to 914mm with only 2 stops of stop-loss. When using it with XF1.4X TC WR, XF70-300mmF4-5.6 will provide a maximum 35mm equivalent focal length of 630mm with just 1 stop of stop- loss.
- With either of the FUJINON teleconverters attached, photographers can continue to enjoy phase detection AF without a reduction in performance.
Powerful 5.5-stop image stabilization
- XF70-300mmF4-5.6 offers up to 5.5-stops of optical image stabilization (OIS) to help minimize the effects of camera shake, especially at longer focal lengths. Additionally, the lens’s OIS capabilities can also be combined with the in-body image stabilization (IBIS) systems found in FUJIFILM X-T4 and FUJIFILM X-S10 to add five-axis stabilization, which can further help to minimize shake caused by linear shift.
Fast and near-silent AF drive
- The use of the linear-motor drive system in XF70-300mF4-5.6 enables fast and near- silent autofocusing, which allows it to fully leverage and make use of the advanced AF system found in X Series cameras.
Maximum magnification of 0.33x or equivalent of 0.5x in the 35mm film format for 1:2 close-ups
- With a minimum focus distance of 32.6 in. (83cm) and magnification of 0.33x (a 35mm equivalent of 0.5x), XF70-300mmF4-5.6 can be used to create dynamic close-up photography, making small objects, like flowers, fill the entire frame. Attached to the FUJINON XF2X TC WR teleconverter, maximum magnification is extended to 0.66x (the 35mm equivalent of 1:1 magnification), and a necessary requirement to achieve optimal results in macro photography.
Dust- and weather-resistant structure and low-temperature operability
- Weather-resistant seals have been applied at 10 locations along the lens barrel to protect it against dust and moisture, while also giving XF70-300mmF4-5.6 the ability to operate at temperatures of down to 14°F (-10°C).
Using the compatible FUJINON XF1.4x TC WR and FUJINON XF2.0x TC WR teleconverters, XF70-300mmF4-5.6’s maximum focal length can be extended to a maximum of 600mm (a 35mm equivalent of 914mm), which will allow photographers to capture faraway subjects in frame.
Read more Fujifilm Camera Rumors.
Also join the Fujifilm Camera Users Facebook Group to share your Fujifilm photography.